The Art of Pushback for Data Product Managers and Leaders
- Prioritization is a critical Data Product Manager and Data Team Leader function. They protect the data team from being pulled in several directions and allow them to focus on high-value work. (View Highlight)
- doing someone a favor is worth the negative impact to build a strong relationship with our customers and users. That’s a critical behavior for coalition building, creating momentum and support for data initiatives in the long run. (View Highlight)
- strategies to deal with those requests.
- Have a single resource (a rotation where each person on the data team takes a week) dedicated to fielding these requests.
- Setting aside a single day each week to manage these requests. (View Highlight)