How to Become a Time Billionaire
- To me, being a “Time Billionaire” isn’t necessarily about having the actual time, but about the awareness of the precious nature of the time you do have. It is about embracing the shortness of life and finding joy in ordinary daily moments of beauty. (View Highlight)
- The central point: Time is our most precious asset.
When you’re young, you are literally rich with time. At age 20, you probably have about two billion seconds left (assuming you live to 80). By 50, just one billion seconds remain. (View Highlight)
- In his On the Shortness of Life , the stoic philosopher, Seneca, says, “We are not given a short life but we make it short, and we are not ill-supplied but wasteful of it.” (View Highlight)
- • The “Magic Years” will fly by if you let them.
• Be present in every moment. Slow down and embrace the sweetness (View Highlight)
- Diminishing time with family and children is replaced by more time alone. It steadily increases throughout your life (View Highlight)
- Key lessons:
• Embrace solitude.
• Flex your boredom muscle.
Find joy in the time you have to yourself—there will be a whole lot of it as you get older (View Highlight)
- We waste a lot of energy on past and future when present is all that’s guaranteed (View Highlight)
- Treat time as your ultimate currency—it’s all you have and you can never get it back. Spend it wisely, with those you love, in ways you’ll never regret. (View Highlight)