Create Capacity Rather Than Capture It.
- within a large company, it’s more effective to capture existing capacity than to create new capacity, but the opposite is true in startup and growth companies. (View Highlight)
- • If you need more headcount, then convince leadership to require every team to send a volunteer to work on your project
• If you’re missing a key leader, oblige a leader on a peer team to move to yours
• Hiring is slow and restrictive, bypass that by recruiting internally instead (View Highlight)
- whereas large companies anticipate a meaningful fraction of projects will fail, growth and startup companies depend on almost all projects succeeding. (View Highlight)